Anime North is coming up so…
I figured it’s time to make a necessary DO NOT FUCKING DO THIS post
- Ask before hugs! This seems obvious but apparently not???
- Keep your language in check! There are children that attend and no parent wants to be walking around with their kid quoting Karkat because you were screaming obscenities.
- BE RESPECTFUL! Be respectful of others costumes, of what people are cosplaying, and just don’t be a dick.
- That means that just because it is an anime convention doesn’t mean that people have to dress in anime cosplay? It’s not your costume, so who cares? It is a huge con and for a lot of people the only one they get to go to so who cares if they dress as Ten or Sherlock or MLP or Adventure Time or Homestuck?
- Please please please if you are in a large group try not to crowd and clog up spaces! It is a safety hazard and does not set a good impression on the fandom!
- ASK BEFORE YOU TAKE SOMEONE’S PICTURE! They might be in a rush to get somewhere, and they are under no obligation to pose for a picture even if they cosplay!
- NO GLOMPING! It is forbidden by the staff and for good reason!
- Tone the sexuality down! People have different comfort levels and you need to be respectful of theirs! I’ve seen a lot of over the top sexual touching, sexual language and the like in which one of the people were not comfortable! I’m not saying don’t have fun but be mindful of others comfort levels.
- HAVE FUN! Everyone is there to have a good time and make some new friends so go for it! Be polite, have fun, squee about that attractive character, do silly dances, take lots of pictures, be goofy, eat ramen and onigiri and ramune and laugh about what a weeaboo you were/are and just have fun!
I can’t wait to see you all there! I won’t be in cosplay but I’ll be wearing my hero of space hoodie! If you see me feel free to come say hi and snap a picture and have a hug!